Thank you Ceridwen Silverhart at Illuminating the Fool’s Mirror for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is my second nomination! I am so honored! Please check out this lovely blogger and show her some love! She is a gifted writer who composes mind-expanding pieces regarding myth & the media. We share a common endearment for cloudy, rainy days.
- Thank the person that nominated you and put a link to their blog
- Answer the questions given to you
- Nominate 2-6 bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Create 11 new questions, or use the same ones below
Questions from Ceridwen Silverhart:
1. What’s a song that you enjoy having in your head?
Safe and Sound by Capital Cities
2. What spices do you like?
Ohhh, I love all the spices!!! Black pepper, red pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, turmeric, parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, the list goes on…
3. Do you ever eat while you read? If so, what are some great reading side dishes?
Yes! Crackers, chips, popcorn, fruit, a smoothie, mac and cheese, pizza!
4. What do you like to have with you while you read?
My cats, good lighting, and a cup of hot tea 🙂
5. What is your take on writing notes in the margins of books?
I think it’s great! As long as you can still read the original text. I think it’s especially interesting to get a used book and see what the person before you had written.
6. If you were offered a cruise/tour through several book worlds, which ones are on your must-see list?
Atlantis is #1!
7. Have you ever judged a book by its cover and later found out it was awesome?
I am totally guilty of judging a book by its cover. Sometimes I find myself merely buying a book for the aesthetic. But it’s true, the covers that seem unprofessional or outdated or plain usually end up having the best content.
8. What are some stereotypes about reading/readers that you find annoying?
A lot of people think reading is boring because that’s what they were taught in school, but people don’t realize there are so many different styles of books, and that everyone has types of books they are into. It doesn’t just have to be the classics (which are still appreciated), or super lengthy novels, you can also read comic books or info-graph books, or poetry or short stories, or all sorts of topics that may not be mainstream or anything you were exposed to in school.
9. Which location sounds most relaxing: a deep forest, a well-tended garden, a quiet library, or a sunny beach?
Wow, that’s really tough, all of those sound amazing! A quiet library is really nice when you have to get work done, but nothing is more relaxing than being in nature. A sunny beach is super relaxing, but you’re also dealing with dehydration and sunburn. And a deep forest sounds so peaceful, but I might be worried about bugs crawling over me. So I’m going to go with a well-tended garden! That would be so beautiful!
10. What brightens your day when everything else has gone wrong?
Seeing the person I love just kind of magically fixes everything else I’m stressing about somehow, even if I might not show it.
11. Who would you like beside you while watching a sunset/sunrise?
Definitely with the man I love. That would be perfect. ❤
- Do you have any nicknames (or childhood nicknames)?
- What’s your favorite type of weather?
- How would you describe your style of writing?
- Do you prefer music or TV/movies?
- What’s a good meal you’ve recently had?
- Are you currently working from home?
- What’s your favorite planet?
- Are you looking forward to Christmas?
- Do you think much about the future?
- Do you prefer to be serious or joke around?
- What is your current mood?
I would like to extend my nominations to everyone who reads and supports my blog, as well as anybody else who is reading this post and would like to participate! You all deserve it! To my nominees — no pressure to answer the questions or repost, just wanted to at least give a shoutout! 🙂