I was nominated by Oh, Nath for the sunshine blogger award! Thank you so much, lady! Oh, Nath used to be on tumblr and then took a break for a few years until she was inspired to join WordPress! She shares wonderful pieces of writing regarding introspection, self-improvement, and personal experiences — as well as commentary on books, shows, and other forms of media! Similar to myself, Oh, Nath has shared that blogging has helped her transform into a less private, more open and honest person! Please check out this awesome blogger!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your blog post.
- Describe life in three words. Adventurous, introspective, and unique.
- What would your best day look like? Explain. My best day would be spending time with the person I love, learning new things, having some kind of eye-opening experience.
- Which of your posts is your favorite? Why? Really great question, that’s a toughie! I seem to be most proud of my film/book reviews. My film review for “The Love Witch” holds a special place in my heart because that was where it all began — little did I know how much I would progress since then! But I think my all-time favorite is Caesar & Cleopatra for a few reasons: it’s a movie most people haven’t seen or even heard of, being made in 1945 (based on an 1890s script!) made it more of a challenge for me to review since film style has changed so much since then, and it’s one of my favorite films ever!
- What “old person” things do you do? Oh, there’s many… eating dinner at like 3/4pm, going to bed early, waking up early (even on weekends), being concerned with always getting enough sleep, complaining about technology, obsessing over vintage things, disliking the city and crowds, valuing simplicity, drinking a lot of herbal tea…
- Have you ever thought of moving to another country to live? Definitely! I’ve certainly debated moving to Canada at some point. I couldn’t see myself going too far, but you never know I guess!
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? I think the strangest food combinations I enjoy are the lack of them… I like most things to be plain. Except for spices, I will combine all the spices together, give me a hundred different spices and I’ll use them all!
- If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask? Wow! That’s tricky! Probably… how do I transcend fear?
- What genre of books is best for your eyes to consume? Can you recommend one book from that genre? I love nonfiction science and history… I would recommend “Your Ticket to the Universe,” it goes through all the planets and everything in our solar system, really great pictures, it’s an easy read because you can skip to any page and read any of the quick bullet points. I find books like these much easier to read than just words you have to read from cover to cover because I’m easily distracted, although those types of books are still good for other purposes.
- What’s the last movie you watched? Do you recommend it? I believe it was the sequel to “The Kissing Booth” on Netflix, HAHA, I mean… if you’re looking for something kind of silly and stupid then yes, I’d recommend it.
- How do you deal with stress? Typically my first instinct is to freeze up and withdraw and pretend everything is okay… but my healthy way of coping is through journaling, drinking tea, mediating, WRITING, crafting, and focusing on what brings me joy.
- What language would you like to learn? I’m working on my Latin but I would love to learn Egyptian… also Sanskrit… people say it’s not “practical” to learn dead languages but I feel like it’s incredibly beneficial to understand the roots of our modern languages and it reveals more about where we come from. Language is so complex and tricky that I wouldn’t be able to ever fluently speak or understand it unless I had a professional tutor, I feel like.
- Illuminating the Fool’s Mirror
- Invisibly Me
- Prerna’s Blog
- The Gen-X Traveler
- Bonjour from Brittany
- From Traveling 2 Fooding
- Kamal’s Blogging Cafe
- Pain in the Bud (Buddy the Cat)
- Aradhana poetry and thoughts
- Light Play ~ Revitalize
- Andrada’s World
- Can you remember the first time you ever wrote for fun, what did you write about?
- If you could only pick between writing and reading, what would you choose?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you could travel back into the past, would you observe, or try to change things?
- What is your favorite thing about autumn?
- Regarding your blog, when you first started out, did you ever think you’d be where you are today?
- What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
- Do you have any book/TV/movie/music recommendations?
- What is your perfect environment for writing? For example, music or silence, outdoors or indoors, in a crowd or alone, etc?
- What would you say right now to the person you are missing?
- What gives you confidence?