Happy Halloween to everyone! The Irish have a tradition of making griddle cakes on the mornings of Samhain and All Soul’s Day. These special pancakes are super thick and fluffy. They are fairly easy to make and only require a few amount of ingredients.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- sunflower oil (I used Safflower)
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl until a doughy texture forms.
- Pour oil on frying pan and set heat to low.
- Roll a little dough ball and place it in the center of the pan. Use a spatula to push down on the dough in order to flatten it out. Then flip and continue cooking both sides until golden brown.
- Top with butter and/or maple syrup as needed.
They came out pretty good and tasted very filling. They are sort of remind me of biscuits. It felt good to make a recipe from scratch and also feel connected to those who have been baking this same exact recipe for several decades. YUM!